Modified Glucose Tolerance Test (MGTT) or commonly known as cabaran air gula in Malaysia. During my second pregnancy, the nurse requested me to take MGTT. The reason is all pregnant lady above 25 years old must take the test. My first MGTT is on 11 Nov 2021 (week 15). My second MGTT is on 21 Feb 2021 (week 29).
How MGTT is conducted in Klinik Kesihatan Ibu dan Anak?
- Nurse will check your permanency week. It is best to conduct it around first trimester and third trimester
- A MGTT appointment letter will be issued to pregnant mother
- Pregnant mother is required to fast from a day before the test (start from 10pm to next day 8am).
- No food is allowed during fasting period
- On the appointment date, MGTT mother will be given priority. You should take the glucose test around 8am.
- Nurse will take a syringe of blood before asking you to drink a big cup of glucose.
- Mother need to drink finish the glucose. If you vomited, you are required to re-drink.
- Mother is required to wait for 2 hours before taking the next syringe of blood.
- Around 10am, the nurse will take another syringe of blood.
- You are allowed to go home.
- If no telephone call from the klinik kesihatan by 4pm, you are free from gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM)
- The result slip will be given by the next appointment.
Seriously, I really don’t like the taste of glucose after fasting. It is just too sweet and horrible. My result before MGTT is 4.3. Result after MGTT is 7.7. If more than 7.8, it mean you may have diabetes. Luckily, I am at the borderline. However, I still observe my diet. Less carbohydrate or sweet food in my diet.
Management of Diabetes in Pregnancy – https://www2.moh.gov.my/moh/resources/Penerbitan/CPG/Endocrine/1b.pdf
Follow me at Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Google+ | Linkedin
Ler Travel Diary is using Server Freak Web Hosting and Slack Social.
To be a smart saver, check out ShopBack for more information.
Enjoy SGD5 discount voucher on KLOOK by using promo code 53E7UD